Friday 24 May 2013

PHOTO GALLERY... Mountain life.

Just wanted to add a gallery page to my blog showing the area in both Winter and Spring.
It is like two different worlds, living on the side of the mountain in St Anton, one of Europe's most popular ski resorts, where each week during the winter we have approximately  6,000 holiday makers and a bar that sells the most beer in the whole of Austria in just 5 months!  There is every nationality here but the common language seems to be English, (luckily for me).  The town becomes a "party town" and it is famous for it's apres-ski. 
Then when the season closes at the end of April, the town goes into sleep mode and you will walk down the high street and see only a hand full of  locals and hardly a word of English spoken, it's all German or the local dialect of Tirolerish!  In the summer we get a few walkers to the area and coaches with tourists making a day stopover.
Spring in the mountains is simply beautiful.  It really is like the film the sound of music and Heidi.  So green and the most spectacular array of wild flowers, cattle grazing in the lush grass after spending the winter months inside and you wake up to the tinkling of their huge cow bells around their necks! 
Although I consider myself more a beach-girl, I am blown away by the beauty of the mountains.

Ski mornings

A regular occurrence, of finding my car in the carport covered in snow

sleigh ride through the valley

a lovely lunch spot

My morning drive to school

The view of the Gurgltal from my lovely Dan.

St Anton ski slopes below our balcony

The valley, East view from the balcony

Spring riding, still snow capped mountains


It's a dogs life! Spring

Same view but in Winter

My favorite gallop track!

Blond in the Alps


2 comments:

  1. Saw on the facebook group that you were having problems with comments, so testing to see if I can leave a comment on your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for doing this, I will pass the message on to my friend who is having problems with this. x

    ReplyDelete