Thursday 27 September 2012

ALL THINGS GREY AND BEAUTIFUL!

It has just dawned on me that I have a THING about all things grey! 

Whilst tidying my wardrobe out yesterday, I was shocked to see piles of grey vests and t shirts, cardigans, jumpers, scarves, jogging legs and even grey jeans!  Everytime I enter a shop I am drawn to the area displaying tea shirts, but it is always the grey one I end up buying!  Short sleeved, long sleeved, vests, you name it I have it and seem always to be need more.   Of course I have other colours too but most mornings I am drawn to grey, black seems so dull and eveningy, white too stark, colour too bright and colourful but grey seems always to suit my mood perfectly.

I am not alone, I have other friends who also share the same addiction to grey tops!

There is nothing nicer than the comfort of a grey cashmere jumper on a chilly morning.

Maybe as a child growing up in England I got used to seeing grey skies most of the time, or it suits my personality on certain days, or rather it makes me feel safe wearing grey.

 I love grey horses too, I have only ever had 4 horses in my life and all of them have been greys!  If I see a photo of a grey horse or a grey horse in a field or on TV, it catches my attention, and I most of all love grey horses with grey noses, not pink noses as some have, it has to be a soft grey velvety nose!

I prefer silver to gold, diamonds to rubies.  Even the interior of my car is grey.

Grey to me is so comforting, easy to blend in with, soft on the eye and most of all it's safe!

BUT, now the biggest selling book of the moment is 50 SHADES OF GREY, which I can hardly describe as a safe, grey boring read!  The world has become fascinated by Christian Grey.

So to my question,...... is grey boring?


                                                    Dan's grey nose on a snowy morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment